Lakes Entrance Golf Club Re-opening
13 May 2020
The board and management of the Lakes Entrance Golf Club are happy to announce the opening of the golf course and pro shop from 9:00am on Wednesday 13thMay 2020
The following rules and guidelines will apply from that day.
- Please observe all social distancing guidelines as regulated by the State and Federal Governments. Adhere to the 4 square metre social distancing rules as a minimum.
- For the first 7 days the course will be open to all members only, regardless of membership category.
- Under no circumstance are members permitted to enter the course for practice rounds, chipping and putting practice etc. without reporting to the Pro Shop first. This will be a requirement from this point forward regardless of Covid 19 restrictions; we thank you for your co-operation.
- The Pro Shop will be open from 9am – 3pm daily.
- The Breezeway will be open from 7.30am to 5.30pm and have the time sheets in there when the Pro Shop is unattended.
- Should you wish to play prior to the Pro Shop opening you must put your name down on the time sheet and report to the Pro Shop halfway around.
- You may not start play before 7.30am as our Greens Staff will need time to do their work. At this stage, you must start on the 1st Tee only, this will enable us to keep track of all patrons on our golf course.
- There will a max of 4 people on the Driving Range and Putting Green and the middle practice Net will be out of bounds.
- Please be ready to pay or request a tee time when entering the pro shop as others may be in a queue behind you and hope that you will exit quickly and not stop for a chat.
- We will be selling TAKEAWAY FOOD and BEVERAGES from PRO SHOP.
- Please do not consume alcohol within the Pro Shop or anywhere on our licensed premises including the BBQ area.
- Please leave the golf course immediately after completing your round. There will be no presentations at the conclusion of play.
- Payments in the Pro Shop are to be card only or you may make a payment into your golf account and your competition fees will be deducted from this account. Cash will only be accepted as a last resort.
- Only one person per cart, (Government health regulations in certain areas may permit cart sharing by some people living under the same roof). Our carts will be provided at a discounted price to members for the first 7 days, $20 for 18 holes, $12 for 9 holes.
- Please observe and obey all signage around the Pro Shop, there will be marks on the floors to show patrons where to stand, and arrows to show the path of travel, enter through the Breezeway and exit via the single doorway in the Pro Shop.
- Ladies 18 hole Comp are Wednesday & Saturday, Men’s18 hole Comp are Thursdays & Saturday. Tuesday separate men’s & Ladies 9 hole comp & Fridays mixed 9 hole event
- Prizes for these competitions will be calculated each day depending on the number of players in each competition.
- Mens and Ladies NTP’s will be awarded on each par 3 hole as per usual.
- Should you wish to only play 9 holes, you are welcome to have a social round outside of the competitions, but you must pre-book and go off the 1st Tee only.
- Rakes will not be available in bunkers, placed preferred lies will be taken in a bunker, with the player to smooth out their divot and footmarks with their club.
- As the greens are being serviced at the moment, preferred lies are allowed to avoid the areas that are being treated for dollar spot weed infestation.
- Flag sticks are not to be removed under any circumstances. There is a pool noodle placed in the hole so that the ball only just drops below the surface, which will allow players to retrieve their ball, without removing the flag.
- Mark and sign your own cards, and agree with your partner on your score at the end of your round, and place your card in the box provided.
- We are expecting Victoria Police will visit our course to check on compliance with the Covid 19 laws so please comply at all times. It is up to us all to do the right thing. Enjoy your golf, stay safe and healthy, thank you for your understanding.
Allan J. Cardwell
President - LEGC